End of the World, Again
By Matthew Breen
Patriarch Kirill I of Moscow, leader of the Russian Orthodox church, says that same-sex marriage is going to trigger the end of the world.
It’s little surprise, given the horrifying state of LGBT affairs in Russia; the antigay legislature and president Vladimir Putin have implemented three antigay laws, and more are likely on the way.
“This is a very dangerous apocalyptic symptom, and we must do everything in our powers to ensure that sin is never sanctioned in Russia by state law,” said Kirill after a service Sunday, “because that would mean that the nation has embarked on a path of self-destruction.”
No word on the manner of apocalypse. There have been 32 significant end-of-the-world prediction dates between 2000 and today. A few were about the Mayan calendar, a few referred to the Large Hadron Collider, but must were religious kooks, none of whom have gotten it right yet.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Gay Fashion - Hot Male Models, Gay Style & Trends