Google+, MSNBC Team Up For SCOTUS Decision
By Andrew Belonsky
As marriage equality activists anxiously await the Supreme Court's decisions on California's Prop 8 and the Defense of Marriage Act, decisions that could theoretically knock down anti-gay barriers to the altar, Google and MSNBC are joining forces for a series of on-air Google+ hangouts in which they'll talk to lawmakers, legal experts, and activists about the impending rulings and how they'll impact this country.
Here's the lineup and topic schedule for the hangouts, which begin on Monday, and also some video of MSNBC's Thomas Roberts announcing the innovative collaboration that represents another way in which online communities are impacting offline politics.
Monday, June 17, 12:15PM ET: What Does This All Mean?
Tuesday, June 18, 12:15PM ET: Changing Your Community
Wednesday, June 19, 12:15 PM ET: Both Sides of the Aisle
Monday, June 24, 12:15 PM ET: From Hollywood to Your Hometown
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Dave Franco: 'You've Literally Seen Me Have Sex With Myself'