Cheyenne Jackson to Star in Film 'Love is Strange'
By Jerry Portwood
When Ira Sachs' semi-autobiographical film Keep the Lights premiered last year, we asked what his next project would be, and he explained in the interview that he was "working on a new film about two men in their sixties and seventies, and and the consequences after they decide to get married." Now, more details—and a fascinating cast—has been revealed.
Cheyenne Jackson has signed on to the Ira Sachs-directed Love Is Strange, joining Michael Gambon, Alfred Molina, Kelly Reilly and Tracy Letts. Gambon and Molina play Ben and Jorge, a couple who after 38 years together finally marry at City Hall in Manhattan. Trouble begins on return from their honeymoon when Jorge gets fired and the couple is forced to temporarily separate. Ben moves in with his nephew and wife (Letts and Reilly) and Jorge with Ted (Jackson) and his partner Nahlin, both police officers.
Jackson (who also produced an EP of original songs last year) was most recently seen as a spurned lover/protege in Steven Soderbergh's Liberace biopic, Behind the Candelabra (including one scene where he strutted in skimpy attire as he sulked). He's currently working on an independent film adaptation of Richard Alfieri’s Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks opposite Gena Rowlands.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way