Andrew Rannells: 'I'll Show Anything!'
By Diego James
While you may have been watching the Golden Globes last night, the second season of Lena Dunham's HBO comedy Girls premiered. And although it's full of girl talk, as the New York Times recently pointed out, it's all full of boys. One in particular doesn't fit the mold, with out actor Andrew Rannells (and Out100 honoree) playing Elijah, Dunham's character's gay ex-boyfriend.
If you were watching—we know you were—you may have been shocked (and pleased) to see Rannells, a star on NBC's The New Normal, in the buff. As Rannells told the Times:
"That was my first sex scene and nude scene. I took that nudity waiver as a badge of honor. I took a picture of it, I sent it to my friends. I didn’t even really read it. That’s the embarrassing part. I was so excited to sign it: 'I’ll show anything!' ”
Stay tuned if you'll be seeing more guys get nude on Girls soon enough (we're pretty sure you will).
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It