Should Bette Midler Appear on 'Glee?'
By Jeremy Kinser
How can Bette Midler possibly become even more of an icon to the LGBT community, you ask? How about with a guest spot (and a requisite dazzling musical performance, natch) on Glee?
While being honored at the charity event God’s Love We Deliver last night, co-creator/showrunner Ryan Murphy took the opportunity while on stage to ask attendee Midler if she'd guest on the hit musical series.
The pair later took to their Twitter accounts to discuss what could prove to be a ratings bonanza. The exchange went like this:
Ryan Murphy: “I just asked the incredible Bette Midler to be on Glee in front of 1,000 people. I hope she says yes!
Bette Midler: “And from the stage, @ryanmurphy invited me to guest on @Glee! I should get out more!!”
Murphy: “Bette said yes! Amazing. I am plotting…who should she play?”
Midler: “Ok, @rpmurphy, I have one vote for Rachel’s grandmother…hmmmm. I’m thinking, I’m thinking!!”
Who do you think should Midler play? Tell us in the comments.
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The 5 Gayest Things About One Direction's New Video
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Must See: Mala Mala: A Puerto Rican Trans Documentary
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know