Whoah! Joey Lawrence to Striptease For Your Viewing Pleasure
By Diego James
Photo: Getty Images
Maybe it's something in the air, but cheesy male strippers seem to be having a serious comeback. Unlike Channing Tatum and the cast of Magic Mike—including Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer, Alex Pettyfer, and Matthew McConaughey—who play fictional strippers, however, actor Joey Lawrence will be doing it for real according to the Daily News, who report that Joey Lawrence will soon be showcasing his assets as a Chippendales stripper. According to a release, "Lawrence will don nothing more than a bowtie when he joins the Chippendales troupe onstage at the Rio hotel in Las Vegas."
It'll be "the whole nine yards," a rep for the dancers told TMZ.
"We are thrilled to have someone as talented as Joey joining our show this summer," a rep for the franchise said in a press release. "He's a true triple-threat."
Maybe you weren't aware (we certainly weren't), but 36-year-old Lawrence currently stars as a male nanny in the ABC Family original series Melissa & Joey opposite another teen TV star, Melissa Joan Hart.
But wait, guys, it's for a limited time only: June 7 through 24. So get ready to battle those bridesmaids.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem