Romney Glitterbombed, Calls It Confetti
By Alex Taylor Williams
Glitterbombing is quickly becoming as American as apple pie for this year's GOP Presidential candidates. Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann and Tim Pawlenty have all fell victim to this glittery fate and now Mitt Romney has joined the ranks.
After walking on stage for a rally in Eagan, Minn. Romney was showered in glitter by an activist who was quickly removed from the area. According to CBS News Romney smiled, told the man to raise his hand, and stated, "Hey listen you guys, I'm delighted to be here with you, this is an exciting time, I'm happy for the celebration. This is confetti! We just won Florida!"
Unshaken by the incident Romney continued on with the rally and went on to add, "Oh I've got glitter in my hair. That's not all that's in my hair, I'll tell you that. I glue it on every morning, whether I need to or not."
We won’t be taking any grooming advice from Mitt, but at least he joined the glitterbomb hall of fame (SEE SLIDESHOW) graciously.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- From Here On Out: The Music Remix
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models