Lana Del Rey Hits 'Saturday Night Live'
By Out.com Editors
Singer Lana Del Rey is nothing if not divisive. Some people love the husky-voiced crooner while others, including some of the loudest people on the Internet, are decidedly not fans.
Del Rey made her U.S. television debut on this weekend’s Daniel Radcliffe-hosted episode of Saturday Night Live, performing “Blue Jeans” and “Video Games.”
We were of course bummed that the heavily inked dude from Del Rey’s “Born To Die” video didn’t make an appearance, but didn’t think she delivered anything resembling a bad performance.
Other people were a bit harsher.
Actress Juliette Lewis tweeted and then deleted the comment, “"Wow watching this 'singer' on SNL is like watching a 12 yearold in their bedroom when theyre pretending to sing and perform #signofourtimes."
Perez Hilton posted, “her voice was all over the place, she was off-key, and had zero stage presence. She looked completely uncomfortable on stage and even made us uncomfortable just watching her.”
But don’t take their word for it—check out the clip of “Blue Jeans” below and decide for yourself.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film