Madonna Finally Speaks About Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way'
By Jerry Portwood
It's been nearly a year since Gaga released "Born This Way" and people have wondered what Madonna thought of the track that seemed to harken back to her own Express Yourself." Well, last night on 20/20 she finally broke her silence. When she was interviewed and asked if Gaga was "copying" her, Madonna replied: "I certainly think she references me a lot in her work. And sometimes I think it’s amusing and flattering and well done." When pressed, she said: "When I heard it on the radio …I said that sounds very familiar."
As ABC reports, "Asked if that felt annoying, Madonna responded, 'It felt reductive.' Pressed as to whether that was a good or bad thing, Madonna told Cynthia McFadden to 'look it up' — we did; the term means 'minimal' or 'crude' — before smiling slyly and taking a sip from her tea cup.
We wonder if Madonna actually meant to use "derivative"—which means "lacking originality"—but misspoke and, instead of correcting herself, just acted sly—as she took a sip of tea.
To watch the "Express Yourself" video you have to visit YouTube (we can't embed).
- Paul Rudd Witnessed A Drag Queen Brawl While Filming Anchorman 2 Fight Scene
- WATCH: Beefcakes Want You To Enroll In Healthcare
- Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins At Celebrating Christmas
- Learning To Accept A Fraternity That Accepted Me
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Get Up, Get Up' Video From Brontez Purnell's Younger Lovers
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Joins Film Adaptation of Sandman Graphic Novel