Chatter: Annette Bening on Gay Families
By Noah Michelson
"I think when something is a good movie, first of all, well made, entertaining to a degree, funny, maybe has some heart, that comes first. If you can open people's hearts first, then maybe people's minds get opened after that...I'm proud that the movie does stand up for the dignity of all families, especially for the kids in these families. Those children deserve the same self-respect and dignity about their own families as kids from straight parents...I hope that does open a few hearts and minds.."
-- Annette Bening, Academy Award Best Actress nominee for The Kids Are All Right, speaking out about gay families yesterday at the Oscars luncheon.
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto