Chatter: Annette Bening on Gay Families
By Noah Michelson
"I think when something is a good movie, first of all, well made, entertaining to a degree, funny, maybe has some heart, that comes first. If you can open people's hearts first, then maybe people's minds get opened after that...I'm proud that the movie does stand up for the dignity of all families, especially for the kids in these families. Those children deserve the same self-respect and dignity about their own families as kids from straight parents...I hope that does open a few hearts and minds.."
-- Annette Bening, Academy Award Best Actress nominee for The Kids Are All Right, speaking out about gay families yesterday at the Oscars luncheon.
- NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Tom Daley & Maria Bello Are Bi, Get Used To It
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome