It's In His Kiss: Two Men Break World's Record for Kissing
By Max Berlinger
While some people look expectantly to the weekend for a quick hook-up (or is that just us?), most don't expect it to break any world records. Well, this past weekend, Matty Daley and Bobby Canciello set out to break the previous world record for longest kiss--and they succeeded! To set a new Guinness World Record, the two lads had to kiss continuously for 33 hours--which sounds not so fun, honestly. The rules are quite stringent (the pair cannot lose contact--even for a brief moment--or they will be disqualified, and they must remain standing the entire time), and the pair took it quite seriously, even going as far as devising a system for bathroom emergencies.
The boys, who are "just friends", chose to set the smooch at The College of New Jersey, and livestreamed it for all the world to see (kids these days). We'll spare you the 33 hours of video of two guys standing there and necking, but below is footage of the final moments, and interviews with the boys after they were finally separated. It's quite heartwarming to see the campus rally for their queer brethren, and the emotional message that Matty gives post-kiss is genuinely endearing.
Congrats to the boys. Also, if we can offer any advice, it would be to try and get a chapstick endorsement deal.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Final Member: A Long, Hard Look at the Weirdest Museum in the World
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Tom Ford and Richard Buckley Forever