“You and I” and My Cool Nebraska Guy
By Nick Stergiopoulos
While the queen of the gays didn’t make an appearance at NYC Pride, over the weekend Lady Gaga tweeted an incredible new song, entitled “You and I.” She performed it for the first time "ever ever" at Elton John’s White Tie and Tiara Ball, a charity event to raise money for the singer's AIDS Foundation. “It’s a bit of a rock and roll tune," she told the crowd, "which means it most likely will never get used as one of my singles, so I guess it’s okay to play it tonight. This song is very, very dear to my heart, and I just wrote it.”
Gaga has called the tune a "rock 'n' roll ballad," one clearly inspired by greats such as Elton and Billy Joel. It's a delight to watch her rock out, especially at the 4-minute mark when she abuses the piano.
We can’t wait for a better quality studio recording and to find out who this "Nebraska guy" is.
-- NICK STERGIOPOULOS
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Gay Lifestyle - Love, Culture, Entertainment, Style