Wonder Woman Gets a Makeover
By Noah Michelson
The purists among you will be mortified, but really, even Wonder Woman needs a re-styling sometimes, don’t you think? The new look -- out in time for the 600th issue of the Wonder Woman comic book -- was designed by artist and DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee. It features a red corset-like top, a very 90s-looking cropped blue biker jacket with white star details, and skintight navy blue pants and boots. The lasso is still there, and details on the boots match it, and the bracelets are way modernized and butcher, really, with a “W” on each that of course come together to form her initials when she holds them up. Also, says writer Michael Straczynski, “if you get hit by one of them, it leaves a W mark."
If you like Mike’s attitude, you will be cheered to know that it’s also WW’s, as he’s taking over writing the series. Of the makeover, he adds: “What woman only wears only one outfit for 70 years? What woman doesn’t accessorize? And more to the point, as many women have lamented over the years…how does she fight in that thing?”
Previously > Scissor Sisters Want to See Your Butt
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet