Hummer: Mariah Carey's "Up Out My Face"
By Noah Michelson
If you were convinced that Mariah Carey's "Up Out My Face" -- a drum line–doused kiss off featuring some of the most genius lyrics penned in 2009 like, "If we were two Lego blocks / Even the Harvard University graduating class of 2010 / Couldn’t put us back together again" -- couldn't get any more wonderfully, intoxicatingly cheesy than it already is, you were wrong. Now there's a video.
In it, Mimi and rapper Nicki Minaj -- a protege of Lil' Wayne's, who, by the by, is bi -- play dress up and parade around like Barbie doll nurses trapped in a Target ad. It's ridiculous, it's low budget, it's about 15 years behind the times, and still, somehow, it's absolutely perfect.
The remix featured in the video will be available on Mariah's upcoming remix album, Angels Advocate, due out March 30.
Previously > Hummer: Yeah Yeah Yeah's "Skeletons"
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Lorde Is Not Having Your Stupid Lesbian Joke
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series