Jonny McGovern Is Ready To Party
By Noah Michelson
LOGO’s Big Gay Sketch Show star and NYC gay party legend Jonny McGovern is celebrating his birthday with a multi-act show this Sunday, July 12 at the Ars Nova Theater with part of the proceeds benefitting Sylvia’s Place, a shelter for queer youth.
A motley crew of New York City underground LGBT performance talent, expect comedians, drag queens and a hot gogo boy or two (more like seven -- McGovern likes ‘em twinkalicious and gleefully undressed).
Downright inappropriate gay comedy will include LOGO stars like Kate McKinnon -- 2009 New Now Next Award Winner for "Brink of Fame Comic” -- and VGL boy Jeffery Self of YouTube fame and LOGO’s all-new "Jeffery & Cole Casserole."
Adding glitter to the lineup are Erickatoure Aviance and her new original single “My Pumps,” outlandish performance by the legendary Kevin Aviance and then more comedy by “glamorpuss” Harriet Halloway and performance by sexy singer-songwriter (and DJ) Corey Tut.
Produced by Jonny and DJ Jon Jon Battles, the show starts at 8 p.m. on Sunday at Ars Nova Theater (511 W 54th St.), tickets are $15 and helps support two good causes: gay comedy and the homeless LGBT youth of New York.
-- JOSEPH ALEXIOU
Previously > Puppetry of the Penis Returns
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series