Opposite Marriage...a tutorial
By Courtney Nichols
Last night Miss California of the Miss USA contest created a new term: opposite marriage. Answered in response to Perez Hilton's question concerning gay marriage, the beauty queen stuttered over her politically correct language. Supposedly the counter to same sex marriage, the term is more akin to a middle school spirit day than a legalized term between a heterosexual couple. Though I could not stop picturing inside out shirts and men and women walking on their hands instead of their feet, I suddenly realized she was not only calling straight marriages opposite, she also accidentally labeled them "contradictory" and "conflicting." If only she knew.
-- COURTNEY NICHOLS
Previously > Perez Hilton's red carpet joyride
- Listen: Lorde Released New Music Too
- Johnny Weir Scrubs His Bio of Russian Government Work
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Sing Carols With Strangers on the Street
- Gay Icons: Kremlin to Receive Elton John, George Michael, Tom Daley Nesting Dolls
- Say It Ain’t So Bob!