The gay marriage debate comes to Vermont -- and high school
By Noah Michelson
First we brought you Portia De Rossi's hilarious apology for marrying Ellen DeGeneres, and now for something a little bit more sobering -- and heart wrenching. Below is a clip of a 17-year-old testifying in Vermont in hopes of seeing gay marriage made legal in the state. In the brief seconds during which we can keep our minds from boggling that in 2009 we still aren't afforded the same rights as our straight friends and family, we are equally as astonished (and proud) to see someone so young with such poise and conviction.
Previously > Senator Chuck Schumer endorses gay marriage
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- The Battle of amfAR: How Liz Taylor Tricked Reagan Into Talking About AIDS
- Olympic Diver Tom Daley Comes Out