Catching up with Project Runway contestants of yore via the WWW
By Noah Michelson
Photo: Getty Images
With the fifth installment of Project Runway in full swing (and already after only two episodes we're wondering how many more stiff, twelve-inch turtle necks we're going to see saunter down the runway) we thought we'd take a moment to check in with contestants from seasons past via their personal web pages. Luckily for us (and you), Urlesque.com took it upon themselves to do all the heavy lifting and ranked the top 13 Project Runway contestants' sites.
All of the designers you love and love to loathe are here including Daniel Vosovic (check out his impressive press page), Austin Scarlett (his bio boasts baby pics), and Mychael Knight (whose unisex MajK fragrance allegedly "transcends the boundaries of gender and has the ability to leave any man or woman breathless").
Whether you're simply killing time between Tuesday afternoon meetings or have your Amex out and are ready to spend spend spend, many of the past contestants offer the opportunity to purchase their designs directly. Santino Rice's site peddles $12. 39 thongs that read "This garment was made to come off." Jay McCarroll is selling pink t-shirts overrun with hot air balloons. And Jeffrey Sebelia has a knit zip-up sweatshirt with removable hood and sleeves.
Since we all have our favorite designers, the ranking of the sites ultimately comes off as somewhat arbitrary, but Urlesque.com's primer does a nice job of summing up the highs and lows of each page, leaving you with more free time to ogle frequent Out party-goer Jack Mackenroth's portfolio and beefy shirtless pics.
-- NOAH MICHELSON
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet