Planned capital cities are cool! Brasilia is a wacky, 20th-century architectural dreamscape. Semitropical Canberra sits on a lake and hosts Australia's national sheepdog tournament. And our own dear ole Washington is so hated, you have to love it.
Now the thugs who run Myanmar/Burma have given their country a new capital city, Naypyidaw. It's certainly not as easy to say as "Rangoon", but let's hold off judgment, shall we?
Here are some photos from Naypridaw's official unveiling yesterday:
Photos: Getty Images.
Is it ethical to travel to a military dictatorship like Burma? Responsibletravel.com weighs the issue.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters