Marilyn Manson on Team Kylie, Not Team Gaga
By Alex Panisch
In an interview with Digital Spy, one of the most controversial figures in music says he has “a hard time liking her music.” The self-proclaimed “God of Fuck,” who collaborated with Gaga on the “’Love Game’ Chew Fu Ghettohouse Fix” remix, says that he’s not wholly averse to pop music. “I like Kylie Minogue sometimes,” says the sultan of shock, “I like a lot of unusual stuff… I don’t know – I like Justin Timberlake over Lady Gaga, just musically. “ That being said, Gaga, as a concept, is still O.K. in his book. “I like the general idea of what she’s about,” adding “I get the whole idea of what she’s doing and I appreciate that. I don’t think it’s a bad thing, I think it’s a good thing.” His beef is with the mercurial quality of her image. “ I don’t try to have a different look every single moment because I think it’s more ephemeral, it becomes less permanent. People like to identify with one single thing.”
Check out the interview below.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Quote of the Day: Teen Wolf's Charlie Carver on His Gay Sex Scenes
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula