Lady Gaga Cancels Show In Indonesia After Protests
By Diego James
Muslim protestors in Jakarta, Indonesia, on April 29. Photo: OSCAR SIAGIAN/AFP/GettyImages
So this time the Lady didn't get her way. Lady Gaga has been plagued by protests in Asia during her "Born This Way Ball" tour (like the Christian Koreans who tried to pray her away—but failed), but the Muslim protestors in Indonesia, who seem to think her costumes are too slutty, have caused Gaga to cancel her planned June 3 concert in Jakarta at the 52,000-seat Gelora Bung Karno stadium in Jakarta.
Islamic hard-liners—like these protestors who are holding signs that tell Gaga to go to Hell?—and conservative lawmakers said her sexy costumes, suggestive dance moves, and "vulgar" style could corrupt the nation's youth. If only.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Next Year in Kampala? America’s LGBT rights industry goes global
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki