Can You Pray Lady Gaga Away?
By Out.com Editors
When Lady Gaga decided to kick off the Asian leg of her worldwide "Born This Way" tour, little did she know that the Christians were ready to pounce. According to reports from Korea, the pop singer is not welcome from the considerable Christian contingent in Korea because she is pro-gay and advocates pornography. Well, we can't say they are really wrong. But we can say that this is just helping strengthen her pop culture clout (remember when Madonna faced the same vitriol from the Vatican?).
While the AFP reported that 300 Protestants led a group prayer against Gaga this past Sunday. A group called the Alliance for Sound Culture in Sexuality posted signs around Seoul that accused Gaga of "spreading unhealthy sexual culture" through "lewd lyrics and performances." The fliers have since been removed by government officials.
While the power of prayer may seem like enough. Something tells us that it's not going to keep her Little Monsters away from their mothership.
See more of the Korean response to Gaga at The Advocate.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection