VIDEO: Glee Delivers A Michael Jackson Extravaganza
By Jon Roth
Glee took a brief hiatus last night so Fox could air Obama's State of the Union (such a bummer when national events cut into our musical fantasy hour). But don't let that get you down. Next week promises to be a showstopper: an all-Michael Jackson episode, featuring hits like "Bad," "Scream," (with Arty and Mike), "Wanna Be Startin' Something," (with Sebastian and Blaine) and what's sure to be a tense duet between the maybe-engaged Rachel and Finn in "Can't Stop Lovin' You."
Take a look at the preview trailer below, where pretty much every castmember demands that you "sit in front of your TV and watch it," on January 31. Our favorite moment is Kurt's sheepish "Glee-hee" in that trademark Jackson falsetto near the very end.
And if that's not enough to pique your interest, take a listen to "Bad," one of the tracks you'll hear next week. Of course no one can compare to MJ, but what do you think of this version?
In related Jackson news, the late King of Pop will have a special hand and footprint ceremony at Grauman's Chinese Theatre tomorrow, where Jackson's children will imprint the concrete with a pair of his shoes and famous sequined glove. The ceremony will also feature performances from The Immortal World Tour, and singing and dancing from Glee actors Amber Riley and Harry Schum.
Photo and video courtesy of Fox.
READER COMMENTS (
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans