This American Life Releases 'The Invisible Made Visible'
By Out.com Editors
Photo by: Adrianne Mathiowetz
The two-hour special video recording of This American Life's show, The Invisible Made Visible, includes pieces by David Sedaris, Tig Notaro, Mike Bibiglia, and David Rakoff. OK Go provides music. The show was originally performed onstage and broadcast live into movie theaters in May, 2012, to over 70,000 people across the U.S., Canada, and Australia. Now the video will be available to everyone.
Host Ira Glass personally curated the show, and, as he explains: “The whole point was to do stories that are far too visual to ever be on the radio.”
In the story by David Rakoff (pictured), he talks about the abilities he lost during his fight with cancer, and then, gracefully, beautifully, does a solo dance onstage. It was the last story Rakoff ever wrote for the radio show. He died three months later, in August.
The show is offering the video directly to its fans by partnering with VHX.tv starting November 15. If you pay $5, you can access full-length streams of the show at live.thisamericanlife.org, as well as download a DRM-free copy.
Watch the official trailer below:
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Erasure's Andy Bell On the Magic & Melancholy of Christmas
- Meet the Queens of 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Season 6
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Zachary Quinto Models For Mr Porter
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'