Daniel Radcliffe to Play Allen Ginsberg
By Mike Berlin
Move over, James Franco—Daniel Radcliffe is stepping up to play Beat icon Allen Ginsberg in the 2012 film Kill Your Darlings, reports Twitch. The movie will address the relationship between Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac, and Lucien Carr, who's credited for introducing the pair and who also killed David Kammerer, a man who was either his lover, desperately infatuated with him, or both.
We're glad to see Harry Potter transitioning smoothly from potions to poetry, but who will they cast as Kerouac? Chris Evan was rumored to be eying the part. What about Justin Theroux (OK, maybe not age-appropriate, but still!)?
The director, John Krokidas, is relatively new to the scene, but with producer Christine Vachon attached, who's produced films by Robert Altman, John Waters, and John Cameron Mitchell, Kill Your Darlings looks very promising.
Photo: Terry Richardson
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models