By Out.com Editors
1 A tuxedo is worn after 6 p.m. If you're attending daytime queer nuptials during the day, wear a morning jacket, not a tux.
2 Buttoned collars are a big black-tie no-no. Same goes for pre-tied bow ties. No clip-ons for grown-ups!
3 Invest in sterling silver cuff links, a lint roller, a solid black neck tie in silk or satin (as an alternative to the bow tie), and a black and white scarf for your topcoat.
4 Some say tuxedo shoes are necessary and some say patent leather lace-ups are the way to go. Truth is, both look perfect with a tux.
5 Don't wear a vest or cummerbund with a double-breasted tux, but either is OK with a one' or two''button tux. Cummerbund pleats face up.
6 Wearing an understated watch is fine, but with formal wear, less is really more. Skip the heavy bling.
7 For that chic Cary Grant touch, pop in a white, silk pocket square.
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- Actor Who Plays Hodor on Game of Thrones Comes Out in Understated Way
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula