By Out.com Editors
September Editors' Picks
Out's picks in music for the month of September include the new single from the hotly anticipated Scissor Sisters sophomore album, new tracks from the upcoming albums of longtime faves Basement Jaxx, Janet Jackson, Tiga, and Beyonc', a special new iTunes original recording of a Mary J. Blige fave, some must-download tracks from the new discs by queer queen of jazz Patricia Barber and out rockers Morrissey, Blowoff, and Grizzly Bear, and an old fave from Elton John in anticipation of the follow-up album to be released soon.
'70s Super Sounds
Out's October issue is a paean to the fabulous 1970s. Genres exploded, pop electronica was born, Bowie, Queen, ABBA, disco, and anthem rock all reigned, and queer artists began to emerge. We realize no collection of songs can be representative of that hugely influential decade, so here's just a sampling of the sounds we loved from an era of music so rich, we're still robbing from it and reinterpreting it four decades later.
Johnny Knoxville's Gay Mix
He may not be gay, but he sure sounds it!
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- Calpernia Adams: Tranny Is a Dumb Word But Don't Ban It
- Wallflowers: A Web Series For Singles