Cass Bird�s Utopia
By Out.com Editors
Fred and Associates, a New York arts project space, presents an exhibition of Cass Bird's photographic series 'Utopia' (2005). Along with five friends, including J.D. Samson of the band LeTigre, Bird traveled through the southeastern U.S. in a rented RV to document the RV parks and private campsites that have long intrigued and attracted gay and lesbian travelers. Bird's images of floating lazily down a river of a Georgian women's retreat, splashing in a pool in a Texas gay men's ranch, and other places are showing in an exhibition at Fred and Associates, 611 Broadway, Suite 525. The exhibition is on view through July 25, 2006, Mon. through Fri., 11 a.m.-5 p.m., by appointment. To schedule a visit, please call (646) 873-7735 or e-mail [email protected].
Select images from the slideshow below.
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'