Mark Badgley and James Mischka
By Out.com Editors
Photo of the couple's wedding rings courtesy of Badgley & Mischka
Last year, when we asked the power couple behind Badgley Mischka designs, known for gorgeous wedding gowns, what their own dream wedding would be, they mentioned having "caviar, deviled eggs, and lamb chops. And lots of Champagne -- in glasses the size of finger bowls," as well as Peter O'Toole as an officiant (not to mention a place for their two daschunds as part of the wedding party). But it turns out the real deal was a bit simpler.
Mark Badgley and James Mischka went to New York City's City Hall this past Friday, March 22, to make their 28-year union official. The designers first met while students at the Parsons School of Design and launched their label in 1988 (followed by bridal, a category for which they would become internationally renowned, in 1993). They have since dressed everyone from Oprah to the Olsen twins in luxe evening wear.
Badgley's twin sister, O'Hara Fottrell, was indeed a witness (we have yet to hear if Mischka's brother was the "best man" as originally suggested). Although Melissa Etheridge was not there to sing (as they had dreamed), the wedding party did dine at a local restaurant.
See the couple's wedding rings, also tastefully demure, below.
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Panti Bliss: The Drag Queen Who Rocked Ireland Soaks In the Aftermath
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men