Out100 Covers Revealed
By Out.com Editors
In 2011, we were reminded of the extraordinary power of the individual to inspire and motivate by example. Our four cover subjects include the legendary Larry Kramer—whose 1985 play, , received a stunning revival on Broadway this past season. Australian and Serbo-Croatian model Andrej Pejic, who walks in both men’s and women’s shows (famously closing Jean Paul Gaultier’s Spring 2011 couture show in a fur-trimmed dress). Star of ABC's Modern Family, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who kicked off 2011 by introducing his boyfriend of a few months, lawyer Justin Mikita, to the press. And comedian Kathy Griffin, an ally to the LGBT community who, since her Emmy–winning reality show Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List ended, has gone back to stand-up. She’s had three specials on Bravo this year, and a fourth will air in December.
All four were shot with references to classic Vogue covers from the 1960s. This year’s entire portfolio was inspired by iconic portraits of the 20th century, from Richard Avedon’s image of a shaving Marlon Brando and Robert Mapplethorpe’s Patti Smith to Herb Ritts’s Madonna and Harry Benson’s timeless portraits of the Beatles pillow-fighting. View the slideshow of the 2011 honorees here.
- Go Behind The Scenes Of Neil Patrick Harris's Glitter-Filled Photo Shoot
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- First Look At Neflix's Orange Is The New Black Season 2
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- EXCLUSIVE: Elton John Performing Benny and the Jets During Concert Film Million Dollar Piano