Out100: Michelangelo Signorile
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
Since he translated the skills he had learned at a PR job into international notoriety for ACT UP in the late ’80s, Signorile has written about, talked about, and organized activism around LGBT issues -- especially the question of how to fairly report on closeted celebrities and public officials -- at a dizzying, relentless pace. He hosts a four-hour radio show every weekday on Sirius XM’s OutQ channel, covers breaking politics and culture news online as Huffington Post’s Gay Voices editor at large (including appearances on the website’s new livestreamed video channel), and, allegedly, occasionally sleeps.
Photographed at Sun Studios in New York City on September 18, 2012
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- What Are Nathan Lane & Patti LuPone Really Like? Here's the Broadway Gossip!