Men Lead the 2013 'Designer of the Year' Awards
By Andrew Villagomez
The Council of Fashion Designers of America's 2013 Fashion Awards nominees include all men for Designer of the Year in Menswear and Womenswear—with two gay of couples among the group. Leading the designers for the Menswear title are Thom Browne (pictured on the far left), Michael Bastian (far right), and Out100 honorees Steven Cox and Daniel Silver (center) for Duckie Brown.
In the Womenswear category, the nominees include Alexander Wang, Marc Jacobs (who recently made his acting debut), and Proenza Schouler's power couple, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, both of whom were invited to be on the exclusive CFDA board in 2011.
CFDA President, Diane von Furstenberg, and Nadja Swarovski will host the exclusive event in Manhattan on June 3rd, which then will digitally air the next day on Style.com.
Check out the full list of nominees is available online and tell us below who you think should win 'Designer of the Year' for Menswear and Womenswear.
- The 8th Annual Power 50
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Check Out Exclusive Animated GIFs of Chris O'Dowd and Nick Frost's Epic Dance-off
- First Look At Neflix's Orange Is The New Black Season 2
- Body Ready: Performance Grooming With Swimmer Amini Fonua