This Just In: Exemplaire
By Out.com Editors
Many designers love nothing more than to spin a fanciful yarn explaining the root of their aesthetic—a trip to a faraway land or a glamorous film—and while that's all fine and good, some things needn't a big song and dance to be appreciated. Enter Exemplaire, the brainchild of handsome friends Jean-Victor Meyers and Louis Leboiteux, who were frustrated by the market's lack of slim, youthful cuts crafted from the highest quality fabrics. So instead of searching the world for the elusive "perfect sweater" they decided to make their own. Launching officially in fall (hitting stores later this summer) the collection is tightly-edited and undeniably luxe. From a versatile single-ply crewneck to the ambitious but subtle sweater designed to mimic the detailing of a leather motorcyle jacket, the apparel boasts an easy sensibility but a focus on smart, sexy details like shiny leather accents. And while the collection is almost entirely crafted from 100% cashmere, a few jaw-dropping pieces are infused chinchilla fur, yielding a sweater that begs for some heavy petting. And for their debut, they've bagged a trio of retailers that any start-up label would envy: Barneys New York in the U.S., Montaigne Market in Paris, and Dover Street Market in London.
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- 10 Transgender People Shattering Entertainment's Glass Ceiling
- Quote of the Day: Josh Hutcherson Describes His Sexuality
- EXCLUSIVE: Beyoncé Debuts Free Remixes of 'Blow' & 'XO'
- PIC OF THE DAY: Naked Basque Firemen Protest
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki