Watch Gay Dads in Coca-Cola's 'It's Beautiful' Super Bowl Ad
By Out.com Editors
Coca-Cola's multicultural "It's Beautiful" Super Bowl ad aired tonight and it included a diversity of images and a multi-language rendition of "America the Beautiful"—as well as a cute bit with gay dads and their daughter at a roller skating rink (at the 47-second mark).
It was all meant to celebrate the American "melting pot," but Twitter reactions marked with #AmericaIsBeautiful have been harsh, including people saying that all Americans should speak/sing in English and xenophobic remarks about terrorists and immigrants.
Some are calling it a groundbreaking moment—but others will continue to wonder whether it actually means anything.
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Zachary Quinto on the Epic Kirk-Spock Bromance
- Rockin' OUT in L.A.