A ‘Magic Mike’ Musical is in the Works
By Alex Panisch
If you’re they type of person who thinks, “I enjoy a night at the theater, but am always disappointed by the paucity of pleather,” then I’ve got news for you. It seems that Magic Mike, the Tatum-tastic flick from last summer, will INDEED be gyrating its way to the Broadway.
We heard rumors last year, but now it seems that it's actually happening. According to Deadline Hollywood, the producers have gotten Tom Kitt and Brain Yorkey to write the songs & lyrics and gay scribe Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark fixer) to write the book. Kitt and Yorkey are the dynamic duo who created the Tony- and Pulitzer-winning sensation, Next To Normal, and the upcoming If/Then.
Channing Tatum and Magic Mike (the movie) director, Steven Soderbergh have both signed on as two of the producers. This comes on the heels of news that there may be a Magic Mike sequal coming up. Let's hope they include this number:
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Casting Net: MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend