Get Ready for Neil Patrick Harris's Memoir
By Diego James
According to The Hollywood Reporter, NPH signed with "Crown Archetype to pen his yet-to-be titled memoir for publication in spring 2014, Random House-based Crown."
"NPH blew us away with his highly original and creative vision for his book," David Drake, the Senior Vice President for Publicity at Crown, told THR.
It's described as "a work of imaginative nonfiction that delivers an interactive, nonlinear reading experience that breaks the boundaries of conventional memoir." And it promises to bring in lots about his love of magic.
It also seems all the potential scribes are using Tina Fey's Bossypants as a benchmark. In Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), Kaling apologized for it not being Fey's book. And here, NPH is on the record as saying: “I read with great fondness Tina Fey’s Bossypants, so my plan is just to reprint those exact stories but change the names to people that I knew. What editor would take issue with that?”
But one of our big questions: Will we get a chapter on his role in 1997's Starship Troopers? Yes, we haven't forgotten.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Rebel With Applause: Nicola Formichetti Is Tackling His Biggest Fashion Challenge Yet
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection