Anne Burrell Comes Out
By Adam Rathe
The Serets of a Restaurant Chef host was outed by TV food personality (and gay man) Ted Allen in the midst of a radio appearance this week. During a segment on the Derek and Romaine show on Sirius XM, Allen said,"I am not going to put a label on Anne, but she is dating a woman right now."
According to the New York Post, Burrell's camp says she was never closeted in the first place.
"Anne doesn’t feel she was outed," her rep tells the paper. "She has made no secret of her relationship. Her significant other is a very private woman. They have been together for a couple of years and spend a lot of time together. It is no secret in the culinary world."
The report goes on to assert that Burrell's girlfriend is another top-notch chef, but does not name her.
Check out this segment below, a recent spot Burrell shot discussing the intersection of food and romance.
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula