Grindr Won An Award?
By Alex Taylor Williams
For all of its technical difficulties, hacking, and at times questionable profiles, Grindr has re-envisioned the gay community. The app singlehandedly took the guess work out of who is out and ready in your area. This week, Grindr finally got some positive recoginition as Techcrunchie awarded the app for Best Location Application, Best Mobile Dating App, and Best New Technology.
Joel Simkhai, founder and CEO of Grindr, graciously thanked the supporters of the app and added, “These awards are not just a huge win for Grindr but represent a huge step forward for the LGBT community, considering even five years ago this would not have been possible to be recognized by our peers as a gay company pioneering location-based social networks and mobile dating.”
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him
- 20 Power Couples You Should Know
- Watch the Latest Trailer for HBO's Adaptation of 'The Normal Heart'
- 10 Queer Social Media Stars Ruling the Internet
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- The 8th Annual Power 50