Kristy McNichol: I'm A Lesbian
By Out.com Editors
Kristy McNichol, who was last truly famous in 1992 during her final season on Empty Nest, has come out.
According to People, the actress, who shot to fame on the 1970s TV show Family (which costarred Meredith Baxter) but whose career was sidetracked by a very public struggle with bipoal disorder, is "approaching 50" and wants to "be open about who I am."
McNichol shared with the magazine a photo of her with her partner of 20 years, Martie Allen, as well as a statement about how she’s "very sad about kids being bullied.”
Her rep told People, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different.”
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Out's Best-Dressed Man of the Week: Jared Leto
- Looking Sneak Peek: The Finale