Kristy McNichol: I'm A Lesbian
By Out.com Editors
Kristy McNichol, who was last truly famous in 1992 during her final season on Empty Nest, has come out.
According to People, the actress, who shot to fame on the 1970s TV show Family (which costarred Meredith Baxter) but whose career was sidetracked by a very public struggle with bipoal disorder, is "approaching 50" and wants to "be open about who I am."
McNichol shared with the magazine a photo of her with her partner of 20 years, Martie Allen, as well as a statement about how she’s "very sad about kids being bullied.”
Her rep told People, "She hopes that coming out can help kids who need support. She would like to help others who feel different.”
- Quote of the Day: Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!