White Rapper (Not Eminem) Supports Gay Marriage
By Alex Panisch
Ben Haggerty (a.k.a. Macklemore) is taking the West by storm. He’s become a headline act in his hometown of Seattle, Wash., and has made his rounds at SXSW. Now the up-and-coming rapper has set his sights on combating homophobia. Macklemore and his full-time musical partner, Ryan Lewis, have put out “Same Love,” featuring Mary Lambert.
The song deals with homophobia, the religious right, and gay stereotypes. “Same Love" is off his upcoming album, Heist, out Oct. 9. The track will also come out as a 7” single on Seattle label, Sub Pop Records, on July 31. All the proceeds from the 7-inch will support Music for Marriage Equality.
Listen to “Same Love” below
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About <i>Quantum Leap</i> & His Favori
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Teen Wolf to Get Gayer With a New Out Athlete
- Culture Wars: Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists?