White Rapper (Not Eminem) Supports Gay Marriage
By Alex Panisch
Ben Haggerty (a.k.a. Macklemore) is taking the West by storm. He’s become a headline act in his hometown of Seattle, Wash., and has made his rounds at SXSW. Now the up-and-coming rapper has set his sights on combating homophobia. Macklemore and his full-time musical partner, Ryan Lewis, have put out “Same Love,” featuring Mary Lambert.
The song deals with homophobia, the religious right, and gay stereotypes. “Same Love" is off his upcoming album, Heist, out Oct. 9. The track will also come out as a 7” single on Seattle label, Sub Pop Records, on July 31. All the proceeds from the 7-inch will support Music for Marriage Equality.
Listen to “Same Love” below
READER COMMENTS (
- Neil Patrick Harris: His Metamorphosis From Doogie to Barney to Hedwig
- 10 Things We Learned from Neil Patrick Harris
- Neil Patrick Harris: Glitter & Glam
- WATCH: The Frozen Honest Trailer Starring Adele Dazeem
- 15 Most Ridiculous Real Housewives Taglines Ever
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series