The Power List: MARY KAY HENRY
By Out.com Editors
International President, SEIU, 53
The leader of the Service Employees International Union is so legit that she was arrested last November, protesting with the Occupy movement as a gesture of solidarity. Henry emerged as a galvanizing figure in the fight for economic equality and -- heading the fastest-growing union in the U.S., with a whopping 2.1 million members -- stands to become an increasingly influential backer for Obama in the 2012 election.
READER COMMENTS (
- Out Magazine - Gay & Lesbian Travel, Fashion, Culture & Politics
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Adam Lambert to Queen Out This Summer With Brian May & Roger Taylor
- Who Cares About Islan Nettles?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film