The Power List: MARY KAY HENRY
By Out.com Editors
International President, SEIU, 53
The leader of the Service Employees International Union is so legit that she was arrested last November, protesting with the Occupy movement as a gesture of solidarity. Henry emerged as a galvanizing figure in the fight for economic equality and -- heading the fastest-growing union in the U.S., with a whopping 2.1 million members -- stands to become an increasingly influential backer for Obama in the 2012 election.
READER COMMENTS (
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Learning To Accept A Fraternity That Accepted Me
- Ian McKellen Surprised Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Chicago Gay Hockey Association Wins At Celebrating Christmas
- Paul Rudd Witnessed A Drag Queen Brawl While Filming Anchorman 2 Fight Scene