The Middelheim Museum Lets It All Hang Out
By Andrew Belonsky
With Antwerp slowly being sprung from winter's icy, vice-like grip, it's a perfect time to plan a trip to the open-air Middelheim Museum, where archetypal sterile white cube has been replaced with verdant lawns on which visitors can frolic among massive installations and sculptures from some of the world's greatest artists, including Frenchman Auguste Rodin, Spaniard Juan Muñoz and American Carl Andre.
But some of the more engaging pieces here are from homegrown Belgian artists like Peter Rogier, Charles Vandenhove and Constant Permeke. These three and eight others are featured in this brief tour of Middelheim's glorious grounds and the works of art, natural and man-made, therein.
- Quote of the Day: Brad Pitt's Musk Smells Better Than Your Cologne
- Need To Know: Looking’s Lauren Weedman And How She Frightened Scott Bakula
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Looking GIF-cap: Thank You for Being a Friend
- Straight Actor Raúl Castillo Plays Richie on Looking: He Talks About the New HBO Series
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower