Out100: Kyle Abraham
By Out.com Editors
Photography by Danielle Levitt
Since 2006, Abraham and his company, Abraham.In.Motion, have used personal experiences to create some of the most impressive contemporary dance to come out of New York. Using hip-hop, classical music, and themes of struggle — be it family, illness, or gay history — Abraham has brought his avant-garde approach to original productions such as The Radio Show, A Ramp to Paradise, and an urbanized reimagining of Pinocchio. His originality has not gone un-noticed: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater commissioned a work from him, and he just received a MacArthur “Genius Grant.”
Photographed in Brooklyn, N.Y., on October 2, 2013
- Bear Rapper Big Dipper: I Won’t Sleep With My Fans
- Model Watch: Adonis Bosso & Juan Betancourt in 'Horizon'
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: The First Trailer For HBO's Adaptation Of 'The Normal Heart'
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models