David Hockney & John Fitzherbert
By Out.com Editors
Photography by M. Sharkey
Britain’s greatest living artist, David Hockney—who wore a gold lamé jacket to receive an award from the queen in 1963 and has never been coy about his sexuality—met his partner, John Fitzherbert, at a lunch in London 23 years ago. Fitzherbert, a professional chef, wrote to Hockney asking if he could join him as a cook in Los Angeles, where the two began a relationship that continues today. In a rare concession, the couple—who now live mainly in the Yorkshire, England, home that Hockney bought for his mother in 1990—allowed themselves to be photographed with their dog for Out.
Photographed at their London home, September 26, 2012
- Tom Daley Confirms It Was 'Love at First Sight' With Dustin Lance Black
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- GIF Wall: Model Marc Buckner Charms The Camera
- James Franco Teases "50 Shades of Batman and Robin"
- 19th Annual Out100
- Sam Champion Receives Emotional Good Morning America Send-Off