Kinky Boots' Billy Porter and Cyndi Lauper Star in Gap's Holiday Ad Campaign
By Stacy Lambe
Kinky Boots star and Out100 honoree, Billy Porter, shares the spotlight with Cyndi Lauper in Gap's annual "Make Love" campaign, which features of a diverse cast of characters and familiar faces spreading love and acceptance.
“I think the joy and the pleasure of Kinky Boots is that it transcends sexuality, it transcends stereotypes, and it transcends fear, which I think motivates a lot of the bigotry and homophobia that exists in the world. It’s nice to reach people at a human level,” Porter said in an interview with Out. And the message holds true for Gap's campaign, which has been running for several years and has also featured other openly gay celebrities.
In addition to Porter and Lauper, this year's participants include Connie Britton, Lisa Ling and Q-Tip.
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Bianchi, Winterson Books Named Lambda Literary Award Finalists
- Adam Lambert to Queen Out This Summer With Brian May & Roger Taylor
- The 15 Sexiest Red-Haired Men
- Out Magazine - Gay & Lesbian Travel, Fashion, Culture & Politics