The Name is Ford, Tom Ford
By Ruth Harrison Roberts
As we all know, Tom Ford's the man at the helm of Daniel Craig’s wardrobe, steering high-end fashion onto our screens once more with Skyfall, as well as making sure the sexy man is well-appointed whenever we see him out in public.
The importance of bespoke items in the Bond films is due to the fact that the suit remains the cornerstone of Bond’s identity, epitomising the strength, stature, and allure of the spy. Gonna be in London? Bond's iconic silhouette is sure to be a sellout once more as the replica tux design is now available exclusively from Selfridges.
As Ford stated previously, "I was very excited when I was first approached by [film producer] Barbara Broccoli about dressing Daniel Craig as James Bond. I worked with Jany Temime [Skyfall's costume designer] on creating the perfect classic wardrobe. I have been dressing Daniel for some time and know that he looks best when simply dressed, so we did some beautiful suits, tuxedos and daywear. We didn't really modify our suits, as James Bond is a bit like our guy - classic and extremely elegant."
Last week Craig was on the redcarpet for the Skyfall Royal Albert premiere in London and was looking stunning in Ford. He wore a navy jacket with black lapels, black pants, white shirt and black bow tie. Oh, and don't forget the Omega watch.
Ruth Harrison Roberts is a fashion writer for Miinto.com and is still waiting for that call to be the next Bond Girl.
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Lady Gaga Flashes Her Privates on the Cover of Candy Magazine (NSFW)
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team
- In Frozen, Jonathan Groff Is Disney's New Kind of 'Prince'