Live The Life: Pablo Picasso
By Out.com Editors
Picasso is the most celebrated figure of modern art. His 20th-century masterpieces -- often revolutionary and controversial -- included the beautiful-scary, hyper-sexualized Les Demoiselles d’Avignon and Guernica, which graphically articulated the horrors of war. The Spanish artist’s coterie of mistresses and penchant for May-December romances proved the provocative nature of his work also extended to his private life. Despite this, his personal style retained a laissez-faire sensibility cultivated from his self-imposed exile to France. There, he adopted the uniform of a Breton shirt, loose shorts, and espadrilles—the perfect paint-splattered antithesis to art world pretension.
Photography by Devon Jarvis
Below, Fashion Editor Brent Coover shows you exactly how to make Picasso's look work for you.
2.Hat by Kangol, $48
3. Damier Palmes silk and cotton scarf by Louis Vuitton, $655
4. White swim trunks by Orlebar Brown, $240
5. Canvas espadrilles by Casbia, $350
- A GAY LOVE LETTER TO JAMES FRANCO
- WATCH: Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game
- Chris Tyler's Pop Culture Obsession With Blowjobs, Gaga & TRL Is Changing the Face of Drag
- Fund This: EastSiders Launches Kickstarter Campaign For Second Season
- The Straight Gay World of MSNBC anchor & politics wonk Steve Kornacki
- Dustin Lance Black Hits Back at Alma Mater For Shaming Him