Marc Jacobs Wants You To Buy A Doll Of Himself
By Alex Panisch
Always wanted to bring Marc Jacobs home? Dress him up in a lace shirt? Tattoo your name onto his haunches? Well it’s cheaper than you’d think: Jacobs has released a Muscle Man Marc doll, based on Eric Cartman’s own Marc Jacobs toy. What, you missed that episode? According to the commentary for the South Park episode “1%,” when creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker heard that Marc Jacobs had tattoos of Cartman’s dolls Clyde Frog and Rumper Tumpskin, they thought it was pretty awesome. In homage to that, they put a Marc Jacobs doll into the episode. Jacobs, feeling honored to have his likeness featured on South Park, got a tattoo of the Marc Jacobs Doll—and the meta-egoisme of it all is kind of enthralling. At $125, an actual Muscle Man Marc is probably too much for Cartman to afford, no matter how much he begs his mom. You can get yourself one online or at Marc Jacobs boutiques.
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- EastSiders Web Series Lands A Satellite Award Nomination
- Open Letter: Greg Louganis Congratulates Tom Daley For Coming Out
- Good Morning, Juan Betancourt!
- Gay Men's Chorus Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad
- Croatia Proves Why It Has The Hottest Men's Water Polo Team