Andrew Rannell's Ex? Matt Bomer!
By Jeremy Kinser
Poor Andrew Rannells. First he has to contend with having Justin Bartha as his live-in fiancé on NBC's sitcom The New Normal and now it's revealed that his character's ex-boyfriend will be portrayed by Matt Bomer.
Showrunner Ryan Murphy tweeted the news that Bomer, who guest starred as Darren Criss's brother on Glee this year, will appear as the "sexy ex-boyfriend" of Rannells's character Bryan. Coincidentally both actors have recently played strippers. Rannells bared almost all in the recent comedy Bachelorette, while Bomer took it all off in the summer smash Magic Mike.
It's not the first gay character for the actor who publicly came out earlier this year. Bomer, who is involved with public relations guru Simon Halls, has twice portrayed plaintiff Jeff Zarillo in Dustin Lance Black's play 8, about California's legal struggle for marriage equality. Also on the horizon is his involvement in Murphy's star-studded film adaptation of The Normal Heart, Larry Kramer's galvanizing play about the early years of the AIDS epidemic in New York.
The New Normal, which focuses on a same-sex couple having their first child through a surrogate mother, was recently picked up for a full season by the network.
- Spectrum: 14 Queer Models
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- Scott Bakula, Looking's Gay Daddy, Talks About Quantum Leap & His Favorite Flower
- Exclusive: Behind the Scenes Footage of 2(X)IST’s Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- 10 Must-See Documentaries on Netflix Instant
- 10 Gayest Moments in 6 Episodes of 'Teen Wolf'