Rufus Wainwright & Husband Jorn Weisbrodt Speak Out for Binational Couples
By Out.com Editors
The DOMA Project has released a statement from the pop singer and his husband, who were married last year. Although Wainwright has American citizenship, Weisbrodt is German-born and can't apply for a green card despite their New York State marriage.
“When we married in New York State, we made a vow to be together and support each other for the rest of our lives.
In 50 years, we will look back at this day as we look back at the 1967 legalization of interracial marriages in U.S.: with disbelief that it took this long to recognize equality.
Our vow should be protected by the federal government allowing binational couples like us a path to a green card.”
Read about Glenn Greenwald and why he moved to Rio to be with his partner.
See/share the image with text below:
- Guy-on-Guy Action
- Decorate Your Christmas Tree With Shirtless Mermen Ornaments
- Josh Hutcherson says: best thing for his 'Hunger Games' character might be a threesome
- The pill Truvada can prevent HIV: So why are so few gay men taking it?
- The 30 Sexiest Gay Scenes In Film
- WATCH: Oscar Isaac Performs Folk Version of Katy Perry's 'Roar'